How it Works
How to Sign Up
- Please go to contact form to reach out or feel free to call 503-860-1655
- An Adventure Specialist will reach out to discuss how everything works, outing schedule and billing options. Please allow 1-2 business days.
- We are able to commence outings when guests are ready and outing slots are available
- There are 2-3 guests per outing and one Cruise Director (host!) Your group includes people who live near your zip code, so you do not spend a lot of time picking guests up.
- Your outing Cruise Director provides concierge door-to-door pick-up and drop-off
- Pick up times are usually between 10-11am. Your Cruise Director will let you know the exact time the day before!
- All outings have some kind of a lunch-time eating option or destination. Lunch and/or admission to events are not included in the price of the trip.
- Each outing is approximately 2-4 hours long from pick up to drop off
- Your outing will be on the same day every week depending on what part of town you reside
- Monthly outing calendars with adventure destinations are provided in advance to guests (click here to see a sample)
- We all slow down as we age. All our outings are age-friendly and do not require a lot of walking. We have accommodations for walkers and transfer wheelchairs. Vehicles do not have a wheelchair lift
- All Urban Excursions are hosted by our trained “Cruise Directors” who serve as attentive and engaging hosts. All our trained drivers have passed a Criminal and DMV background checks and are permitted by the City of Portland. We have full general and auto liability insurance.
- We love bathroom breaks and are able to take them as needed!
- Multnomah County, Washington County (Beaverton,Tigard but please inquire), Clackamas County (Lake Oswego, Happy Valley, limited but please inquire) , Clark County (Vancouver, but please inquire)
Where do you go?
At Urban Excursions we like to consider ourselves urban explorers! All of our outings include some kind of food option, picnic, or restaurant destination. Guests will be required to pay for any food/drink and/or admission prices to events. We visit some of our local favorite places as well as exploring new things!
After many years of creating fun and engaging outing experiences in our community for older adults, we have created a great formula for the most enjoyable, age-friendly experiences!
One day we may enjoy a picnic lunch at a miniature donkey farm, and on another day we may take in the beautiful views of the Clackamas River from the deck of the Stone Cliff Inn while enjoying a delicious artisan lunch. We may take a longer day-trip to the Oregon Coast or Columbia River Gorge one week, and the next week keep it local with a delicious lunch from a restaurant that just opened.
You will always have an interesting destination planned and a small group of two-to-three people to share it with. Not only will you have fun adventures, you will have friends to enjoy it with!
- Click here to see a sample calendar
- Click here to view the gallery of fun!